Video Interviews

Breaking Up With the Mainstream Media

November 26, 2012 at 5:00 am / by

About Ann-Marie Murrell

PolitiChick Ann-Marie Murrell has had enough with being constantly ridiculed, denigrated and mentally abused by ABC/CBS/NBC & all the liberal actors, actresses & singers in Hollywood so she is officially breaking up with the Mainstream Media (“MM”).

Like this article? Share it!

Ann-Marie Murrell

Ann-Marie Murrell is the original PolitiChick anchor and is the National Director/Editor-in-Chief of PolitiChicks.tv, which was nominated at CPAC 2013 as the “People’s Choice Blogger of the Year”. In 2013, Ann-Marie received Front Page Magazine’s Glazov Gang Ronald Reagan Award. Ann-Marie writes for dozens of respected Conservative websites including TownHall, Daily Caller, Front Page Magazine, The Blaze and more. Ann-Marie is often a guest speaker at rallies across the US and is a frequent guest on radio and TV shows, including a 2013 appearance on the Dr. Phil Show in which she represented the conservative viewpoint. She has been featured on dozens of radio and television shows, including Fox News, BlazeTV, the Dennis Prager Show, the Janine Turner Show and she is a regular commentator and guest host on One America’s Rick Amato Show, Front Page Magazine’s Glazov Gang and the Mark Isler Show on 870/The Answer. Ann-Marie is one of the go-to conservative reporters in Los Angeles and has covered multiple political events throughout the United States. Ann-Marie has conducted hundreds of interviews with conservative leaders including Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, Lt. Col. Allen West, Dr. Ben Carson, and she was one of the last reporters to interview the late Andrew Breitbart. Ann-Marie speaks at various Conservative rallies and 2nd Amendment events across the country, from California to Texas and many cities in between, and was the exclusive reporter for the David Horowitz Freedom Center West Coast retreat. You can find Ann-Marie Murrell on Facebook and Twitter (@PolitichickAM). (@PolitichickAM).

Read all posts by Ann-Marie Murrell

1. I know how you feel A-M! I dumped them too. Cancelled cable last month. Most of my friends haven’t had a TV in their home for a year or more. Folks time to get all fired up about who gives you your news! Will it be someone who panders to ideologies that you wouldn’t subject your pet to or will it be TRUTH! Spread the word – - use NEW MEDIA for all your news. Politichicks.tv is the right PC!

2. brad mardis says:

Since you’re single, I’d like to do some reports with you…

3. Gary says:

I love this Ann! When my time out runs out, I am sharing this on facebook. You are spot on and thank you for this.

4. John V. Rigdon says:

I agree! 100%. Noise is all that is on anymore. Hype and distraction from what is important. 100 STARS!!! Thank You for bringing the “Media Cliff”.LOL I don’t have cable, or I would have already cancelled it. But I have an “OFF” button and I know how to use it! :)

Great message. Look out Dr. Gina! Ann-Marie is coming!LOL

• Oh John, I will never be in Dr. G’s league. Waiting for her to take Megan Kelly’s place any day now!

• katie says:

You, MM, are way more classy than anyone I’ve seen recently. Over 5 years
        ago, after falling asleep watching TV, woke up to filth and seduction on MY
        TV. Turned it off, rid my home of it and have become a real lover of Christ and
        my children and grandchildren, neighbors. There’s lots of room to change as I go on; there’s no more unwelcome filth and lies coming across my waves. THANK YOU. I really love Politichics…so on target!

5. I laughed so hard when I watched this….My favorite one yet…and so very true! Giggle.

6. Yes friends, we all have learned that breaking up is hard to do…but it is much easier when you come to realize you are breaking away from the enemy among us. Gr eat video Ann-Marie!

7. Lainie Sloane, CA PoltiChick says:

Great, Ann-Marie! Awesome!

8. Heather says:

Amen to that. We cancelled our cable earlier this year due to the fact that they skip over the most important stories. I refuse to support people that don’t support America

9. Brenda Morris says:

Way to go Ann-Marie! What a way to get the point across to the MSM. We’ve had enough! Great great video!

10. Steve says:

Very good message in a very good video. On a personal note, I would keep the (cable) because you can learn from it. Sure, the mainstream media won’t tell you about Fast & Furious, or Benghazi but FOX news will. Its even good to sometimes watch MSNBC so you can actually witness Chris Mathews express happiness about a storm that did billions in damage, killed people, but helped get his candidate elected. A revealing moment indeed. Being a well informed person means knowing all the points of view, even if you disagree with them or know them to be wrong.

11. Rob Morse says:

That was clever and well done!
    Don’t cry. Ask Mark for a tissue. He will help you get over it.

12. Wayne Sasser says:

I did this 5 years ago but without the fanfare. LOL It’s not that hard to do. But………. I don’t know if I can believe your old enough to have watched Bonanza and Ed Sullivan though. LOL Hope you enjoy your new found freedom from the American addiction of reality TV. Good Luck!

• katie says:

There is zero ‘luck’ involved; good choices don’t always end well, but they are OUR
      choices. I KNOW what you are saying. thanks

13. dicksanchez says:

Screw the LSM. Good for you.

14. Flunking_retirement says:

Muck the fedia.

• Nice picture of Lord Horatio Nelson for your avatar! Was in Portsmouth England in 2005 for the 200th Anniversary of Trafalgar.

• Flunking_retirement says:

Thank you. I went down to Portsmouth and aboard Victory on a visit to London in uniform in 2006, and was highly honored to get an invitation for tea in the Wardroom. Great tradition among her crew, very much like our Constitution’s crew.

15. Dave Pollard says:

I got ya back :)

16. Marian Stahl says:

Well done Ann-Marie. I love it

17. fedupwiththis says:

I dumped them also!! no more.. I Got rid of cable and do not watch CHER, Or any of those smart mouth leftest Stars who forget who pays for them to live in rich houses.. NO MORE!

18. great job says:

wow you don’t look sixty! I haven”t had a tv for four years now and don’t miss it.Ever sense the last election I made the mistake of watching oboma lie through his teeth and people ate it up.That’s when I shot the tube.At least for now the internet is where I get all my news.

19. Babs says:

I totally agree. I am sick of paying for satellite tv just to be lied to by the liberal media, and Soros funded tv. I not only don’t need it, I’m sick of paying to advance their Communist cause. Screw em.

20. so sad, so true. I have most channels blocked and only have a few that are allowed in my house.

21. Colleena11 says:

Ann-Marie, as ever your my hero!!!! I am moving in that direction only watching some Fox News. Internet news sources are far superior in knowledge without the drama! Long ago I refused to see any Hollywood movies with progressive, American haters starting with Jane Fonda! I talk with my wallet!

22. Dan says:

Ann-Marie, I applaud your position. Our household has been cable free now for more than a year. Many folks think we are weird radicals. We home schooled our three youngest kids, too. They know how to read and write, and can actually do math. Something that many of the products of the public school systems cannot say. Actually believe that home schooled kids are the last hope for the future of this country.

• Thanks Dan–besides the media, PolitiChicks.tv is also going to tackle PUBLIC ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS. We all focus on liberal colleges but the brainwashing is starting in pre-school (and has been for decades). By the time they graduate they’re too far-gone to change. And I agree about home schooling–wish more working parents could afford to do that.

23. Lou Ellen Brown says:

I love it, and so does Mr. Chick. This just made me cry and I am so proud of this brave and literate conservative woman that I will likely watch it and cry again.

24. tony greene says:

Just bookmarked and following. Bless your work and commitment.

25. The Frontiersman says:

Welcome over to the Right side, Ann-Marie. Our respect for the Main Stream media is minus 1000, probably much lower. You’ve actually been delivered from low-life enemies to everything we hold dear. In time you’ll find you don’t miss them at all. Who wants ‘em; who needs ‘em?

26. Abigail Adams says:

More than 2 years have passed since I mailed my satellite receiver back; we have had absolutely no tv service of any kind in our house. I love it; no withdrawals. For me, it was and is a blessing. My house is quieter and more peaceful, plus I’ve saved a lot of $$$ not paying for satellite service. I love reading, and so I do more of that. If I want a movie, Netflix makes that easy. And Roku is great for viewing so many things, such as movies— and Glenn Beck’s the Blaze :)

27. Abigail Adams says:

BTW, A-M, we are proud of you; you set a wonderful example. I have shared the link to your video on other sites and with friends in email.

28. Jude O'Connor says:

The greatest shock to the American public in the last four years was three debates that were uncut, unedited TV and the babbling stuttering left tell the public what really was said just after we witnessed the programs, it was unbelievable!

29. Joe says:

Ann Marie, perhaps this is the start of a new protest movement…..great idea!

30. CJ says:

We need to play the libidiots game, file suit agianst them for Bullying and mental stress. For all the talk they are the biggest bullies on the block.

31. Brian Maday says:

I “lost” a lot of people who I thought were ‘friends’ when I firmly tried to explain WHY we need to go Conservative. Now, I have only Conservative friends – and am better off for it.

I won’t be posting very much anymore, all I get is “get over it”… and I WON’T get over it -
    I can only see Socialism overtake all I have known, as I move further and further DOWN the Middle-Class scale.

Guess I’ll just wait for GOVERNMENT to BAN GUNS and kick my door in to take them away from me. I will not go quietly.

32. Probama says:

Hmmm, cutting out “media” from your lives. What’s next? Moving into the mountains and starting a manifesto?

33. Lon Pirkl says:

I wonder if ABC/CBS/NBC in bought and paid for by the Democrat/Communist party. Just wondering.

34. Rose Henrichsen says:

Go girl

35. AModerate says:

What a load of crap.

36. Ronald Homan says:

The “hands out” crowd, bolstered by the PRAVDA led media gat great glee in verbaly assauting conservative women. When a woman is identified as a conservative the media goes into over-drive to demean them ala Sarah Palin, etal.

37. Ronald Homan says:

Great Gal! As a side light, we haven’t watched American TV for years. We get our information from TV Japan and Korean MBS where the truth reigns.

38. Same here we did this awile ago….

39. Wake Up America!!! says:

You go girl, absolutely luv it!
    You’re AWESOME for putting yourself out there & getting the ball rolling.

40. Bob Marshall says:

More citizens need to understand that all the corporate controlled news media is the governments propaganda machine.

41. Jeff Overturf says:

I started WTFradio.me so I could broadcast reality verses fiction. My question is what took you so long. Move to Texas you are our kind of people. I will interview you for sure. 469-235-2477. Jeff Overturf

42. Nellie Focht says:

Same here, I quit watching all the liberal media. I now watch only 6 channels. The Blaze, PIXL and 4 cartoon stations ( I have 8 grandchildren).

43. Happy to say we have been cable free since 2007!!! (We haven’t missed much)

44. Streetiebird says:

Now that I have stopped laughing, I just want to say that FOX and the rightwing media have become the new Mainstream. The rightwing FOX News channel is the #1 cable news network. The barrage of rightwing radio shows and conservative-biased reporting now far exceeds the perceived bias of the old mainstream. Good luck with switching off, many Liberals like myself already have and are better off for it.

45. aray says:

I have Dish. It has the Blaze tv and Fox, I watch local news only, never MSNBC

46. Bob Marshall says:

John D. Rockefeller once asked a few of his cohorts, what would it take to control the news media in America? Their answer was all you would have to do is control the top 25 newspapers. The corporate controlled news media is the governments propaganda machine.

47. Leslie says:

“No one I know wants Mitt Romney as president” –Ann Marie Murrell in politichicks.tv video entitled ‘Can a Christian Vote for a Mormon’ 12/6/2011 (video available here and on YouTube)

The mainstream media couldn’t PAY for this kind of candor from a ‘conservative activist’. It may be convenient to blame the ‘lame stream’ media for perceived bias but what does it say when CONSERVATIVES create and upload a video voicing bias against Mitt Romney for his religious conviction? I don’t think I even heard ABC/CBS/NBC bring up the subject of Mitt Romney’s religion as a voting issue. Only here. And the trash talking doesn’t stop there either from you nor your co hosts.

So much for ‘new media’. And I know that Mitt Romney got a lot of flack for ‘flip flopping’ but what about you Ann Marie? Can you be surprised that he lost given your own less than enthusiastic ‘endorsement’ of him? Yeah, bummer indeed.

48. Smart move,Ann-Marie,. They are nothing more then a left leaning bag of dung. No class, no manners, no brains, and most of,all, love for our great country. the mock, demean,denigrate, anything American. Perhaps, they should try China.

49. Rod says:

i totally respect your opinions Ann, but for me, gay, straight, christian, jews, blacks, whites… everyone is entitled to have their rights

50. busyboots says:

I haven’t watched the MM for years, except the local station that carries Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy. I too, can’t handle being lied to. Just as I hit the mute button when I see Obama on the screen. Same reason.

51. Here my issues, While I agree with you Ann, media is bias. Do any of you actually try to learn both sides. Most Media is write only for a specific audience, those not in that audience will see the hole and the false truths. If you don’t question whats written and live in your own world you will never learn.

Most people View are one sided, A lot of them are based on Biases I.E. The Tea party They don’t care to learn the truth. Don’t what to know the Pros of social health care or that the Ticket system is not a fix for the health care issue.

Even some of the articles on this site are written for red wing people, I have not seen a media tool yet that post both side of an issue to ensure every one has a complete understanding what what is actually going on.

Take the fiscal cliff for example, Republican had a lot time to get with he Dems to come to terms with that issues and Obama care, They waited until this point, More of the people watching the argument do care that this could have been fix months a head of time, No one looks at the Red side saying “they would not do anything Obama was pushing” which means even if it is a great idea they were not going to do the research to figure out how to make it better for everyone.

The Tea Party argues with racism and the church has clearly over stepped there bounds with the “separation of church in State. The news does not put of how racist the Tea Party is or that the church is in the wrong, they quote the 1st amendment while hiding the other rules live the one in “separation of church in state.”

No to mention Freedoms are only Free if they don’t infringe on others Freedoms –> which all of the United States are not of christian.faith.

Truth: the only way to learn is to listen to everyone and find out the truth through research. We have an obligation to actually teacher our children how to find creditable facts and not believe everything told to them. We need to stop relying on 3rd party parenting