Message to “Top-Level Republicans”: Are You TRYING To Lose Your Base?

September 23, 2013 at 2:05 pm / by

About Ann-Marie Murrell

Dear Republican Party,

At least twice a week, I speak to Republican groups throughout California about things like “How to Market our GOP Message” and “How To Change the Negative PR of the GOP”.  Each time I talk to these wonderful groups of hard-working activists, I try to instill confidence in the Republican Party and encourage them not to give up.

However, I need someone in the GOP to extend some encouragement to me this time because I’m certainly not feeling much confidence in our Party today.

This weekend on “Fox News Sunday” Chris Wallace revealed that many of our “top-level Republicans” were “besieging him with all kinds of information” to use against Texas Sen. Ted Cruz prior to his appearance on the show.

“As soon as we listed Ted Cruz as our featured guest this week, I got unsolicited research and questions, not from Democrats but from top Republicans, to hammer Cruz”, Wallace said.

Why in the world would you do something like that?  You obviously believed you were so far beyond reproach that Chris Wallace wouldn’t tell us what you were trying to do, but this time you messed with one Texan who you should be supporting 100%.  Senator Cruz is one of the few members of the Senate that we trust to speak out for us.  These days there are very few Republican politicians who seem to care about our needs and aren’t afraid to represent us—so why are you trying to destroy Sen. Cruz?

Here in California, I have personally been told by “top-level Republicans” that the only person who can win the upcoming governor’s race is one of the most incompetent, Democrat-lite men in politics.  They refuse to back Republican Assemblyman Tim Donnelly because he’s not “establishment” enough (and perhaps because his name isn’t ethnic enough…). I have also heard from other sources that “top-level Republicans” are pushing for Chris Christie to become the GOP presidential candidate in 2016.

The phrases “stunningly unaware” and “out-of-touch” come to mind…

So what is going on? You’re obviously not listening to us. Are you trying to kill the Republican Party forever? Because you certainly aren’t instilling any confidence or faith in any of us grassroots-types out here who could be helping you.

I’m sad to say this, but if you don’t get your act together very soon and start working with all our Republican leaders—especially those backed by the Tea Party – you are going to lose a giant chunk of your hardest-working Republicans forever.

I’ll be waiting for your response…

Sincerely,

Ann-Marie Murrell

PolitiChicks.tv

Like this article? Share it!    Share on Facebook2,635Tweet about this on Twitter0Google+7Email to someonePrint this page

Ann-Marie Murrell

Ann-Marie Murrell is the original PolitiChick anchor and is the National Director/Editor-in-Chief of PolitiChicks.tv, which was nominated at CPAC 2013 as the “People’s Choice Blogger of the Year”. In 2013, Ann-Marie received Front Page Magazine’s Glazov Gang Ronald Reagan Award. Ann-Marie writes for dozens of respected Conservative websites including TownHall, Daily Caller, Front Page Magazine, The Blaze and more. Ann-Marie is often a guest speaker at rallies across the US and is a frequent guest on radio and TV shows, including a 2013 appearance on the Dr. Phil Show in which she represented the conservative viewpoint. She has been featured on dozens of radio and television shows, including Fox News, BlazeTV, the Dennis Prager Show, the Janine Turner Show and she is a regular commentator and guest host on One America’s Rick Amato Show, Front Page Magazine’s Glazov Gang and the Mark Isler Show on 870/The Answer. Ann-Marie is one of the go-to conservative reporters in Los Angeles and has covered multiple political events throughout the United States. Ann-Marie has conducted hundreds of interviews with conservative leaders including Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, Lt. Col. Allen West, Dr. Ben Carson, and she was one of the last reporters to interview the late Andrew Breitbart. Ann-Marie speaks at various Conservative rallies and 2nd Amendment events across the country, from California to Texas and many cities in between, and was the exclusive reporter for the David Horowitz Freedom Center West Coast retreat. You can find Ann-Marie Murrell on Facebook and Twitter (@PolitichickAM). (@PolitichickAM).

Read all posts by Ann-Marie Murrell

1. Jeanne says:

And have you received a response from the GOP leaders? They need to explain to someone what they are doing to stop this type of party destruction.

2. ProgressNotRegression says:

Gosh, ya’ think maybe it’s because we’re talking about California?!?! It shouldn’t take much critical-thinking to realize that voters in California don’t want another regressive candidate who is a member of the party of “No We Can’t” pushing for restrictions on same-sex marriage, restrictions on Abortion, the de-funding of the Affordable Care Act, refusing to discuss common-sense gun control, and generally going against the grain of public opinion. California wants a governor who can move us forward, not one running on a platform based entirely on moving backward.

3. Tom says:

Dear Mrs. Murrell,
    Great article I have read in a long time concerning the GOP.
    I think they love Obama Care and are willing to let Obama take credit for it.
    They want that “Power” over us.
    They (The House) have the power to demand legal action against Obama for his wrongdoings and infractions against the Constitution of the United States.
    The GOP is just as guilty for not standing up for the Constitution. The sworn
    oath they took when elected office. The Constitution is a set of laws and rules
    that each elected party is sworn to uphold.
    The first sentence is “WE THE PEOPLE”, have all the rights.
    It’s like a driver’s license; if you break one of the written laws you get a ticket and/or go to jail, “Period”. Let’s take away their
    licenses and elect anyone who’s not on the take and replace them.
    I’m for the truckers heading for Washington DC,
    to make a valid point, and shame on FB for saying the Truckers couldn’t say God
    Bless!

• AMMurrell says:

Thank you Tom–I agree that it’s time for legal action against BHO. Andrew C. McCarthy, prosecutor of the Blind Sheik, wrote an article last week saying Obama has absolutely crossed that REAL ‘red line’ when he again supplied arms to our Syrian enemies AFTER it was established they are Al Qaeda. Yet no one’s making moves to do anything about anything–other than Sen. Cruz, and we witnessed this weekend what happened to him. God bless you & yours, Tom!

4. P-Daddy says:

Ann-Marie, Excellent article. I am very disillusioned with the establishment Republican party who seem to be more interested in self-perpetuation than service to their constituents. Being from South Carolina, I have been disappointed in our senior senator who has been the sidekick of McCain recently. As for the top Republicans pushing for a Christie candidacy; they really want to avoid winning the White House again don’t they? They need to come to the understanding that their base is not Dem-lite, but patriotic, conservative Americans. Unfortunately, it seems too complicated for them to figure that out.

5. I know I might be stepping into it a bit here, but most folks who know me know I’ve been frustrated with the Republican party for years because they have so many times backed those THEY wanted, not those the PEOPLE want. I could state case after case, country wide, but I wont because most folks know already most of the cases I’m referring to.
    Ann-Marie, you and so many other excellent patriots I know in the bigger circle of influence have been and still are working SO hard to support the GOP and work within to reign it back so to speak. I applaud all of you for doing it and I pray all the time that things can change.
    But I have to be honest. SO many people I talk to, and I know I don’t have thousands, but I have a lot of folks from all over the country whom I keep in contact and talk regularly to, and they are fed up to here with the Republican party and many hundreds have already left it.
    For some, the last straw was having to “plug their noses” and vote for Mitt. For others, it’s been other frustrations such as seeing what happened to Pamela Gellar and Robert Spencer who had to hold a separate CPAC event because they were not invited to the last one.
    The Republican party is wanting to Widen the Tent so much they are willing to throw out their base to do it.
    If it weren’t for the few, who being backed by the Tea Party and Constitutional Freedom Party and others, folks like Ted Cruz, Mike Lee and a handful of others, the Party wouldn’t have any of their base left, because it’s these “Wacko Birds” whom We the People love and hope to change the GOP. As long as guys like Priebus and Rove still there and so many of the old guard pulling all the strings, it’s going to be a hard row to hoe for those who are fighting so hard to support the Republican Party.

It’s not just California. Almost every other state has a rino. And until the Republican party starts supporting instead of trying to tear down the Candidates that We the People choose, not many people whom the party has depended on for donations are going to give one more penny to the RNC or support those the party backs.

PS- Sorry Ann-Marie, that was excellently written and so much more gracious! Thank you!!

• AMMurrell says:

Thanks AD–wish I could post your message as a follow-up to the article!! I was there at that ‘separate CPAC’ event w/Pamela, Robert, Frank Gaffney etc; CPAC is another problem we conservatives need to address, too, because last year it certainly wasn’t very “conservative” at all. And you’re so right about widening the tent–if the GOP would work w/the Tea Party, we’d be golden. Strange times indeed…

6. sjmom says:

The simple answer Ann Marie is YES because they don’t think they need us; that is until they do. Their arrogance is incomprehensible and why they would think the Hispanics or some of the other voters they’re trying to attract will get their vote is beyond me but it seems to be the road they’re on. So I say “Good Riddance” and by the time they realize what happened they’ll be on their front porches sipping iced tea in their rocking chair talking about what could’ve been. Let them go the way of the Whigs.

7. freenca says:

Good article Ann-Marie. The Republicans seemingly think they can achieve some sort of parity with Democrats by being just like them, unprincipled and pandering to the big money interests alone. Sad to say even the illegal peoples that come here to work because their own country would not allow them to make an advancing economic place in their own society are seeing that promise being pulled out from under them by our increasingly homogenized governance structure. If the Republican elites won’t tell the truth, it is perhaps time to go all out pragmatic with a new avenue for a renewed respect for the people of the U S, getting back to the basics of the Constitution and Bill of Rights as written, with amendments. The promise of a better life in the U S of A has not been at such a low point in many many years. Never before in my lifetime has it felt like we have no alternative to the big government doctrine that both parties are pushing upon us. The Republicans are missing the big picture by not differentiating themselves from the leftist factions.

• AMMurrell says:

Thanks Freenca. I really was writing this as a status update on Facebook–it flew out of me so fast I copy/pasted it as an article. Beyond frustrated; I’m speaking to a GOP group today–can’t hold back what all of us are feeling about this.

8. PuritanD71 says:

Thank you for the thoughtful article. It seems to me that you and other conservative media minded people are starting to see and articulate the frustration that many of us have with the GOP. I am tired of what they are doing and Fed up as you rightly stated in your article.

I wonder though if you and others in a similar position like yourself are willing to allow the GOP to continue on its trajectory of self-destruction and call on the need for the ride of a new political party? If not, what is it going to take the GOP to do that will make such a choice more viable to you?

9. John McGee says:

Thank you for a thoughtful well written article. The power and money of Washington DC corrupts absolutely. The establishment Republican Ruling Class in Washington DC is where the problem begins.

10. Pamela Anne says:

This article speaks for me.

11. toongoon says:

Hear, hear! Well said.

Hypocrisy abounds not only in the Democrat party but also with Republicans. Chris Wallace also talked to Karl Rove who was upset that Cruz publicly reached out to the American people. However, the establishment Republicans secretly reached out to the media to undermine him.

This is the problem in Washington, politicians have let the people down in the most horrendous way. The money and planning of elections have made our elections anything but fair and honest. Our support is appreciated but not necessarily needed. How else can we explain the steam rolling over the majority of the American people? They don’t feel responsible to us.

12. ADRoberts says:

They think that we have NO WHERE ELSE TO GO. That is because a great many people FEAR what Ross Perot did.
    Yes, he failed. And he was a sorry alternative to the REpubs anyway.
    But as long as Establishment Republicans feel that we WILL NOT LEAVE, they WILL ignore us.
    Until we actually spit in their faces and leave, they will NOT CHANGE.

13. Carol Dorne says:

well said P-Daddy. I concur fully. John

14. Macey says:

I’m waiting for an answer too, AM!
    I heard Rove talking last night about the Repbublicans not feeling beholden to even speak to Cruz because he doesn’t tell them what he’s going to do or say before he does it.
    Wow. Isn’t that the problem these days? Too much coordination, planning and group think? We need a non establishment person. The establishment is proving to be untrustworthy.

15. Nancy Smith says:

Excellent points AM! They are losing more than just their base in CA… They are losing their base in the entire country. I wonder if they realize that… Sometimes I wish Sarah Palin would start another party…. I think the establishment would be astonished as to how many people would join her.

• ForMotionCreatv says:

They, the Bush/Rove DC political class of Boomtown-VersailleDC realize it and the current GOPers would rather lose to Pelosi/Reid/Obama socialists than let the limited government Constitutional Conservative TEA Party base win. They’re seeking to create a ‘new base’ for the GOP. One that doesn’t oppose government funding of Planned Parenthood and doesn’t expose the statists, as Mark Levin calls them, the “French Republicans.” They’re making a lot of money with the power they have by working with Democrats. Read “Throw Them All Out” by Peter Schweizer. He’s narrated a couple of specials on Hannity: the Boomtown specials and the Foodstamp special. Schweizer is the one who exposed the insider-trading in Congress (as an unfortunate legal activity) and how it affects the writing of legislation and the motivation of the legislators.

16. ForMotionCreatv says:

I’m so encouraged by this letter. In the past year, after being devastated by Dems/Obama remaining in power since the Republicans lost to Pelosi and Reid in 2006, I’ve been researching to figure out how we got here. I observed closely, listened closely, to all the FoxNews pundits, anchors, and conservative radio hosts. I’ve learned the most via Mark Levin who worked as Chief of Staff for Ed Meese, Reagan’s Attorney General, and has now become one of the greatest Constitutional scholars of our time.

I’ve learned that the current Republican Party is led by DC insider power-players who date back to the establishment Republicans who tried to keep Ronald Reagan from being nominated and they succeeded once, but President Reagan persevered and was able to overcome their cronyism with a truly great message which was able to get over their heads and to the people.

Born and raised in California, I still call it Reagan Country, never Left Coast. I love this state where my grandfather was one of the first avocado growers. We can’t give up on it. After I heard Assemblyman Tim Donnelly speak at a Tri-City Tea Party meeting in Oceanside, CA, it was apparent to me that he’s not a product of the big corrupt government machine that both parties are supporting. Many Conservatives have watched and been baffled as it appears that the establishment Republicans really don’t seem to care all that much when we lose. They continue down the same failed road and the Republican Women’s groups are some of the last to realize this because the slicksters get themselves invited to speak at meetings and play the game of wooing them over and keeping them from knowing the truth about what’s really going on.

Thank you Ann-Marie for introducing us to Assemblyman Donnelly. I hope everyone will discover who he is, how he’s worked to expose the ridiculous, failed California Legislature and with our support, can be our next Governor.

• MargieAtPolitiChicks says:

Wonderful comment! We moved to California when I was almost 9 and that’s what I choose to remember as well…Reagan Country : )

17. trydntru says:

Remember when Coca Cola changed their formula to New Coke to compete with Pepsi? And then decided to switch back and call it Coca Cola Classic?

18. EHeassler USN-Ret. says:

Dear Ann-Marie: As long as the Party is being led by the likes of McConnell, McClain, and Lindsey Graham, they’ve lost me. I was an Independent until registering as a Republican after I retired from the service. The only reason I registered at all is so I can vote in the primary elections; otherwise, I would have no say in the process until the formal elections in November. I’m not a Party faithful and am pretty much disgusted with the self-interested activities of the so-called Party Leaders. It is time to vote them out on both sides of the aisle. We need to elect people to government who will vow to propose and pass term limits. It is time to go back to citizen Congressmen/women and not the ruling class that they’ve become and work so hard to perpetuate.

19. Disappointed in McCain says:

I just heard Sen John McCain give a damning speach against Sen Ted Cruz. What was he trying to do? I used to respect John Mc Cain, but he has gone off the deep end. He is definitely gone RINO as far as I am concerned. I think he is senile now and ought to hang it up.

20. Not Bound To Silence says:

yeah, I will no longer call myself a republican. I am done with both sides, democrat and republican. They have made it clear that they do not care anything about us.

21. michael says:

Loved the article. It tags the root of the angst very well.
    I wrote to John Cornyn to express my growing dissatisfaction with him last night. The higher he moves within the Senate (and Rep. party) leadership, the squishier he gets.
    I informed him I would be supporting a challenger to him in the R primary. But will he even get challenged? He is still popular in Tx, the establishment R’s will back him 100%.
    He may be unopposed until Nov. like he has been several times.
    Oh well, I’ll like more of his positions than any D that runs against him

22. bitterclinger says:

They have already lost me. I’ve had enough of their lies.

23. Coldwarrior57 says:

They lost me a week ago. I registered as a libertarian. I am done with the grand Obama party.