Video Interviews

Michelle’s Last Four Years – Lest We Forget

October 28, 2012 at 5:00 am / by

The last Aspen vacation info is interesting. To give you an Idea how hard people had to work to get all this information here is just one example:

“Judicial Watch elaborates:

-The total cost for the Aspen ski vacation was at least $83,182.99.
-The bill for the U.S. Secret Service, including accommodations at the Fasching Haus deluxe condominium and the Inn at Aspen, was $48,950.38.
-The cost for the flight, per official DOD published hourly rates, was $22,583.70. Food and miscellaneous on-flight items cost $235.44. The cost for rental cars totaled $6,442.23.
Key details, including flight records for the Secret Service detail and the names of individuals who accompanied Mrs. Obama on the vacation, were redacted from the documents with the exception of two staffers. One was Meredith Koop, her personal assistant and style advisor, the other was her scheduler Kristen Jarvis.
“No wonder we had to file a lawsuit in federal court and wait six months to get basic information on Michelle Obama’s luxury Aspen vacation,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.

“The costs of the Obama family ski weekend are staggering. These high-priced luxury vacations, and the lack of transparency about them, are beginning to seem like an abuse of office.””

GIRLS’ TRIP TO SPAIN: AUGUST 2010
The exact cost is unclear as Mrs Obama and her 40 friends footed many personal expenses, such as hotels and meals themselves.
But the U.S. taxpayer would have paid for the First Lady’s 68-strong security detail, personal staff, and use of presidential jet Air Force Two.
Per diems for the secret service team runs at around $281 each – nearly $98,000 for the length of the summer break.
Use of Air Force Two, the Air Force version of a 757, comes in at $149,900 for the round trip. This does not include time on the ground.
Mrs Obama’s personal staff, of which there are an unknown amount and might cost considerably more per day, should also be taken into account.
CHRISTMAS BREAK IN HAWAII: DECEMBER 2010
According to the Hawaii Reporter, the bill for the $1.5m trip included:
$63,000 on an early flight bringing Mrs Obama and the children to Hawaii ahead of the President.
$1,000,000 on Mr Obama’s return trip from Washington on Air Force One.
$38,000 for the ‘Winter White House’ beach property rental.
$16,000 to rent nearby homes for Secret Service and Navy Seals.
$134,000 for 24 White House staff to stay at the Moana Hotel.
$251,000 in police overtime.
$10,000 for an ambulance to be on hand at all times
SKI TRIP TO VAIL: FEBRUARY 2011
Mrs Obama and her daughters stayed at the Sebastian hotel on Vail Mountain, where rooms cost more than $2,400 for multi-bedroom suites.
The family appear to have flown there on Air Force Two.
They were escorted to the resort by a motorcade of about a dozen vehicles, including 15 state and local law enforcement officers
SUMMER HOLIDAY ON MARTHA’S VINEYARD: AUGUST 2011
The Blue Heron Farm estate, where the Obama family are currently staying, rents for about $50,000 a week.
According to U.S. News and World Report, the Coast Guard is required to keep ships floating near the property, the presidential helicopter and jet remain at the ready and security agents will be on 24-hour duty.

Sources:

Like this article? Share it!

1. Gary says:

This is what the price we pay for their arrogance. Michelle doesn’t even know what a real struggle is and she is the epitome of arrogance and being spoiled rotten.

2. Leslie says:

She is so beautiful. Those were some great vacation pics!

• Susan says:

Apparently you have a vision problem. She looks like a man in drag.

• Jack says:

Looks like a Gorilla in a dress to me

• Connie says:

Leslie, glad you enjoyed the vacation pics. I did not enjoy having to pay for all those places but maybe you did? sarcasm.

• Tex says:

You are either blind or you are an idiot – maybe both. That woman has an arse the size of Alaska and cannot be compared to ANY other first lady because she is crass and classless.

• Jan says:

SHE IS LIKE A BABOON ON STERIODS. NO CLASS AT ALL.

• Proud Texan says:

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder and you are a majority of a very few who believe that woman is beautiful.

• Proud Texan says:

Do you pay taxes? Did you enjoy paying for those vacations? Again, you are in a majority of very few Americans.

• Intelligent says:

Ignore these racist pigs Leslie they just hate blacks hence the zoo comment. They shouldnt be allowed to vote with such backwards minds and faulty facts try checking you information since much of what I am reading here is utter BALONEY!. Go back to FOX NEWS Unfair for the UnBalanced

• Jack says:

Your screen name that you chose is obviously so ill fitting for you…Must be on Obama’s phone list..(Sarcasm)

• Connie says:

Intelligent, if you consider yourself so, if I comment it is not directed to the black part of the president but to his white part. OK with you I hope?

• NAN says:

You have GOT to be kidding! You have also got to be a non-working person who has no interest in where our tax dollars are being spent because you are not paying any. She is classless and does not deserve to be called First Lady. She is no lady but a common, clueless idiot. When the USA is suffering in every way possible she and Obuuuuma are jet setting all over the world. It makes me want to vomit!

3. bodica says:

Versailles Redux!

4. Scottie says:

Leslie, you need to have your eyes examined and your head as well.

5. jim says:

Tell us the total cost of Michelle’s four year all expense paid vacation in the White House and compare it to previous first ladies so we have some contrast. Also specifically tell us the cost of her support staff compared to previous first ladies.
    I believe if the citizens of the U.S. had a collective look at all the administration has done monetarily and policy wise there would be no possibility of reelection for the President.

6. Karen says:

Get it all in while you can, and let us eat cake. But, this is nothing like what it will be if she gets four more years on our dime!

7. lbeckel says:

I think she needs to pay all that money back. Instead of running all over the country she should have been doing something worthwhile for this country. We do without meds and vacations because of them,

8. “Okay… who forget the caviar dish?”

9. YoungPatriot says:

I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if she was actually having been quoted as having said, “Let them eat cake!” Ah, the Hypocrite-in-Chief… and his wife; how much longers till the election?

10. RB says:

When did we elect Michelle Obama?

• aberdeem says:

I never even voted for her Husband.

• B351 says:

I didn’t either, but most people who did won’t admit it to anyone other than their liberal cronies. Amazing thing is that they are voting for this moron again!! I’m thinking stupid!!!

• We (I say that loosely) voted for hillary the same way. democrats have stopped voting for the ‘man’ right after Jimmy Carter. They learned the hard way. There are no ‘Men’ in the democratic party any longer.

11. oldtexgal says:

Out with the grifters! Steaming! Just cancelled my cell phone service to cut expenses, and make darned sure my taxes, mortage, and other living expenses are paid in full and on time! I HAVE a budget! Unlike my beloved country, since Obama came to office! Barack and Michelle are a match made in economic hell! Darnit! I don’t qualify for an Obamaphone! I own my home and pay my bills! I don’t buy things I can’t afford…. although my vehicle is looking iffy. VOTE THEM OUT!!!!

12. Jack says:

This is a shameless woman, preach about she and Obama having a hard time…Both of them should be deported to Africa to ;live in a shack the remainder of their miserable, arrogant, worthless lives.

• Jan says:

Obama sent 80 million to Kenya to clean up a certain area where he is having a large replica of the white house built. Maybe Kenya will make him king.. BUT HOW CAN KENYA AFFORD THE SPENDING. OH THATS RIGHT HE HAS BIG
      PENSION AT TAXPAYERS EXPENSE/ IMPEACH HIM AND HE WILL HAVE TO LIVE OFF HIS OWN AND SOROS’S MONEY

• Embarrased to be white says:

Racsist comments OMG you are a bigot and probably dont even realize it

• SniperToo says:

These two usurpers have had a free ride all their lives. They both excel in being professional pathological liars. Moocheata got a free ride through school on affirmative action and the white man’s school money. Little o was brought over by Bill Ayers parents and they footed the bill for everything, including the University that he didn’t graduate from. You really think that he has a law degree? Little o only spent four years in the white house, how did they afford a 32 mil house in Hawaii to retire in? Where is the missing money from the first stimulus bill, the missing money from the Pentagon, and now little o has a bank account in the Swiss Bank, the C. Islands and else were? Moocheata couldn’t pass the state bar examine (3 times) so the law firm found her a job with the hospital as a PR spokeswoman at $ 300,000.00 a year and she rarely showed up for work. Shameless isn’t the word for it. Criminal, dispectable, greedy, corrupt, ego out of control. etc…

13. At least 2 vacations a year? I haven’t had a vacation in over 22 years…….and I had to pay for that one!

14. Imelda Marcos the second. Imelda didn’t spend that much money on herself including the 44,000lbs of shoes. Yes folk she and the fraud loves what you provide for them. I know you thought I was going to say they love you. Nar, I am not part of the 47%. The people of this country unless you are in their circle are nothing more than mushrooms to them. They keep you in the dark and feed you BS with the help of the main commie medias. Get you head out and put these leaches out of our country.

15. elizabeth57 says:

Omg they gave up so much.. What about the people suffering unemployment the people that lost their homes, high gas prices, the overspending the debt increased almost 6 trillion since Obama took office. The thing that scares me the most About them is this. They say they gave up so much…I just watched the movie 2016 this afternoon. That scares me and if we aren’t careful what we’ll be giving up is are freedom our country and our childrens future. If you haven’t seen it yet, I suggest you do. I made me literally sick to my stomach. Much of the movie protrayed Obama’s own’s words from his book dreams from my father. Spoken by him. The acquaintance, The connections to muslim world and bill ayers and many others will make you think twice.

• elizabeth57 says:

Oh yeah another thing I want to say….Giving up something michelle, You have NO idea what giving up something means. First off I don’t begrudge the Seals and the secret service. They have no choice they have a job to do.. What I want to tell you is this. The people that gave up so much are the Navy Seals and the Ambassador in Libya, The one your husbanc appointed. Those families the marines sailors and air men. Those are the ones that gave up something. Obama has ignored it completely. Those are the ones that gave up something.Thank them for your vacations.

16. elizabeth57 says:

Michelle Obama isn’t beautiful. She is arrogant fake and abbrasive. Jackie Kennedy was beautiful

17. The state dinners she oversaw during the Obama administration were outrageously expensive. $970K for the Mexican president (nearly $5K per attendee!), $500 for UK’s David Cameron and equal amounts for two others. Before this, the highest price of a state dinner anyone can remember was $190K when Clinton hosted hundreds in two tents pitched outside at the White House.
    But what do you expect from a woman who went to Princeton even though she admits she wasn’t qualified (SAT’s in the 400′s), wrote an almost illiterate senior thesis all about what a terrible place Princeton was for her, and doesn’t like Princeton at all. She expects caviar treatment but doesn’t appreciate it.

18. Sick and tired of the commies says:

The White House needs to be fumigated to get rid of the stank of the skank-

19. Aberdeem says:

If we are paying for all the Obama’s expenses. Why are we paying him a salary?

20. Lisa says:

Those of you posting here directly to Michelle Obama need to realize she won’t read this. She doesn’t care what we think. Neither of them do. They never have.

21. laundryman01 says:

I think that Michelle and the girls are entitles to a vacation.I think that money should not be an item for discussion when it comes to her vacation time and how many vacations she take.The only thing that I can think of is to have her pay for it out of the large salary and kickbacks that the Chicago style husband of hers knows how to work.How about a one last trip when he leaves the Peoples White House.

22. Wm says:

I think this is ridiculous and they should be made to pay a portion of it back to the taxpayers. I also think it is so wrong for Obama or any President for that matter to use Air Force One as a mode of transportation when they are on the campaign trail. Mix just enought offical work in the trip to call it a taxpayer expense. Anyone runing for the white house should have to pay all their campaign expense none of it to taxpayers. I also think there should be a cap on how much they can spend on trying to win the election. The person running becomes beholding to the largest contributors therefore he will favor what they want just like Obama has done for the Unions and still doing. I think some not all of the unions is what drove a lot of our Manufacturing Companies overseas to start with, they got greedy

23. Arby Justice Wilder says:

Sure wish I received $281 per day per diem on top of my regular pay, as I work away from home without any.

24. wingco says:

Air Force 2 is any U S A F aircraft in which the Vice President is a passenger. A flight for the spouse of a sitting president would have a designation of “SAM” for special air mission. The spouse of the CIC does not merit a number “2″ designation. Helicopters transporting the POTUS /VPOTUS would be Marine (or Navy) 1 / 2. Just FYI

25. Jan says:

VOTE THIS FAMILY OUT AND THEN SUE FOR WHAT THEY STOLED FROM THE TAXPAYERS….BETTER YET IMPEACH obama THE HE WILL HAVE TO LIVE ON HIS OWN MONEY AND NOT THE PENSION WE THE TAXPAYER HAVE TO PAY WHILE WE GO WITHOUT.

26. lrandy says:

Did you pay for your own vacation? Or just hers?

27. The Scotsman says:

When did we, “The People” ELECT HER to a royal office? We have to pay for her PLUSH trips around the world and had to pay for all her lavish, expensive shopping trips. WHY? She was NOT elected or hired to represent us.
    I would like to have someone else pay for a few vacations that I would to take. I pay for my own living expenses (and my wifes). No one else takes care of my family, ONLY me! I am retired from the Fire Service with 34 years of paid service and 15 years of volunteer service (total of 49 years of firefighting). My service retirement pay is just enough each month to pay my bills and survive, eat and pay my medical bills (medical bills after insurance pays their minimal amount).
    SO WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR SOME DEADBEATS VACATION TRIPS?? Moobama has no idea of the real world. She never has held a real working job (her husband too).

28. Lorystorm says:

Any of you old enough to remember that great old sit com “The Jeffersons”? I guess the obmas are MOVIN ON UP!!

29. mr_bad_example says:

i’m gonna be sick, Marie Antionette’s cake would be easier to swallow, than Moochelle’s 4 years of abuse!

30. Bettypearl says:

Just think how many Americans who are in need could have benefitted for some relief for food and lodging. Obama’s don’t have a clue. When they say they lived in basement when they were first married…..that’s a lie.

31. IM8888 says:

I don’t think Obama should be allowed to be a presidential candidate right now…especially after Libya. I don’t understand why he isn’t removed by now??

32. jeanne says:

Next words from her mouth will be….”Let them eat cake….”

33. IM8888 says:

The responsible Black communities in this country must be so upset over this First Family – being the first black president/first lady, and they abuse the office of the presidency. ITs really a shame that a responsible true American Black Family didn’t get the presidency for the first black presidential family. Also, a lot of black americans were not ready for the first black president, its pretty evident in the activities going on in the country since 2009 – pounding their chests about it. You just dont do that, and not cause anger throughout the country. White americans were more prepared for the first black president, more than the black people. and those particular black americans say white’s are racists?? quite the contrary.

34. HR says:

If you calculate the Obama Vacations over four years you will reach one hundred million dollars.

35. Michael says:

We can only hope that the next president doesn’t take complete advantage of the perks of living in the white house. They try to appear like middle class just to drum up votes for our classless president.

36. Dr Truth says:

I wish they spent time looking into the MONTHS!!!! GW Bush spent during his term VACATIONING on his Crawford Texas ranch doing nothing and all the trips his family took and other presidents and their families but of course you never will!!!

• ChrisinOregon says:

Doc Truth….Crawford Ranch is personally owned by BUSH, so there would be no accommodation bills, for starters. Yes, he did work while at the Ranch.

• disqus_FVsZM9CAka says:

Well Dr Truth…Gof is very important. And how about that ranch Bush bought in Parugauy on the second largest water table in the world? Naw he didn’t use any kick back money from Military contracts in an illegal occupation of Iraq…-)

37. Kay Ramsey says:

Bet Moochele won’t be taking such expensive trips when it comes out of their pockets instead of ours.

38. moberndorf says:

Since there is a very real possibility that Obozo is a citizen of Indonesia – a serious charge that he could refute quite simply by opening his records, if indeed it were not true – and therefore in office illegally, we need to total the complete cost to the taxpayer, including the salaries of every single govt. employee that spent one minute of their time on these extravaganzas, so she can pay it all back.

39. Bob Marshall says:

Obama and Michelle talks about spreading the wealth. That is, from the taxpayers to the Obama’s.

• disqus_FVsZM9CAka says:

Wron g again Bob…they are talking about taxing people like the KOCH Brothers a whole whopping 1% more on their $50,000,000,000 that they made speculating on oil without taking possesion of it and driving up prices at the pump. I didnt make that amount up. You can get your ignorant ass to Google and fact check

40. how does all of this luxury relate to any kind of social justice isn’t that what mr obama is always trying to promote now how do the poor ,the disadvantaged,the folks in the ghetto’s and slumbs the people who actually do work that are paid at or around the minimum wage the welfare voters these folks will probably never get to go on any vacation much less a luxury vacation paid for by the taxpayers not to mention the friends of mrs obama were also brought along and I’ll bet they didn’t have to twist their arms to go could this be more election pay backs? do ya really think these folks are very much impressed with the way the obama’s have literally turned their backs on them if indeed they ever had their backs I’m certainly not impressed,ya know the worst thing that can happen to this bunch of userpers can happen they will be exposed for what they are and the election will go to Mr Romney no matter how much the democraps cheat they will loose they win America looses

41. Bo Kassa says:

When she goes back to “hooking” under the viaduct on 79th and State in Chicago, the place where she met Obama , she then sing that old Alan Jackson song slightly modified :
    Remember when…we used to steal taxpayers money.
    Remember when…we lived so high on the hog,
    Remember when…we ignored all the laws and the plight of the nation
    Remember when…we watched our folks die in Benghazi
    Remember when…we bankrupt this nation
    Those were the days my friend after both of us had been disbarred. What a run we had.

42. skyhawk says:

Let me see, are we talking about Michelle Soetoro, or Michelle no name. Or did Barry use an alias such as Obama when the sham marriage was performed. Are they legally married or are all of her expenditures fraudulent? How about Barry’s alleged children? I would like some real facts.

43. Pat Wick says:

I do not recall previous First Ladies going on vacations all over the world. The Bush First Ladies usually went to Texas to the ranch and Kennebunck, Maine which they owned so no lavish hotel bills and long flights with food and drinks were needed as well as I do not believe either one had big staffs to worry about. Heck, Even Jackie Kennedy didn’t romp off around the world like this. They tended to go to Hyannis Port to the Kennedy compound. Once again, not needing to spend the money on hotels and such. In my 63 years I have never seen such abuse of the taxpayer’s money.

• disqus_FVsZM9CAka says:

Pat…get the facts straight…

For 15 years, Laura Bush and four female friends have escaped together
      for a week every summer. They arrived at Mammoth Lakes on July 8, 2001
      and a day later came to Tuolumne Meadows Lodge with an entourage of some
      25 people, including Secret Service agents, a White House
      communications team, various aides and several park officials. The group
      took up about 15 of the 70 cabins at the site.

July 27, 2003 Laura Bush and all her friends arrived at Lake Crescent Lodge in Washington State for a week long vacation
      in the Olympic National Forest. “I have a group of friends that I grew
      up with in Midland, Texas, and we hike every summer at a national park,”
      said Mrs. Bush. Yes, she and her friends arrived on Air Force II with
      lots of Secret Service Agents.

July 23, 2006 Denali National Park & Preserve in Alaska

Lady Laura Bush arrived in the park by train on July 23rd for a
      one-week vacation at a private inholder lodge in the Kantishna area.
      Members of the park staff assisted Secret Service and White House
      personnel with communications, security
      and logistics. A small number of rangers from other parks in the region
      were detailed to Denali to maintain normal operations so that a portion
      of the parks law enforcement staff could be assigned full-time to
      augment and assist the Secret Service details. During the week. Mrs.
      Bush and a small group of friends enjoyed daily hiking excursions
      throughout the park. On Friday, July 28th, she and her companions
      traveled to park headquarters to tour the Murie Science and Learning
      Center, a collaborative venture by Denali, seven other national parks,
      and several park partners. She later attended a luncheon hosted at the
      center and greeted park staff and the regional director. [Submitted by
      Richard Moore, North District Ranger]
      This is the second time in the
      last couple-three months that LaWa has taken advantage of a western
      national park for a little “getaway with close friends” whose number,
      names, relationships, and particularly gender is somehow never
      mentioned.

In June 2008, First Lady Laura Bush visited Mount
      Desert Island, Maine with a small group of friends for a brief vacation.
      She did not plan any public appearances before she arrived, but she was
      out in the public eye during her visit and met with Acadia National
      Park superintendent Sheridan Steele.

Laura Bush and her daughters, Barbara and Jenna, traveled to Africa in
      2007, where they went on safari. Yet her trip was regarded as an
      “official” visit and
      included several public events.

44. P-MO says:

With my position right now, I could live on that vacation money for three years…who does she think she is?

45. junkmailbin says:

she costs us more the the queen of England and does not bring in 8 figures plus of income into the economy as the queen does

46. AD Roberts says:

jThe monarchy of America will NOT be bothered with how much their luxury costs there subjects. It is just required. Allah commands that all bow down to the queen. LOL
    BTW, why is she not wearing a veil in public? Well that will end when Shariah is imposed.

47. Tree Top Flyer says:

The glutenous, fat, angry mean, racist be-auch!! I guess she looks at all this excess as “Reperations from Whitey” Shes a pig

• disqus_FVsZM9CAka says:

Yes Tree Top Flyer…it takes a PIG to Know a PIG

For 15 years, Laura Bush and four female friends have escaped together
      for a week every summer. They arrived at Mammoth Lakes on July 8, 2001
      and a day later came to Tuolumne Meadows Lodge with an entourage of some
      25 people, including Secret Service agents, a White House
      communications team, various aides and several park officials. The group
      took up about 15 of the 70 cabins at the site.

in the Olympic National Forest. “I have a group of friends that I grew
      up with in Midland, Texas, and we hike every summer at a national park,”
      said Mrs. Bush. Yes, she and her friends arrived on Air Force II with
      lots of Secret Service Agents.

July 23, 2006 Denali National Park & Preserve in Alaska

Lady Laura Bush arrived in the park by train on July 23rd for a
      one-week vacation at a private inholder lodge in the Kantishna area.
      Members of the park staff assisted Secret Service and White House
      personnel with communications, security
      and logistics. A small number of rangers from other parks in the region
      were detailed to Denali to maintain normal operations so that a portion
      of the parks law enforcement staff could be assigned full-time to
      augment and assist the Secret Service details. During the week. Mrs.
      Bush and a small group of friends enjoyed daily hiking excursions
      throughout the park. On Friday, July 28th, she and her companions
      traveled to park headquarters to tour the Murie Science and Learning
      Center, a collaborative venture by Denali, seven other national parks,
      and several park partners. She later attended a luncheon hosted at the
      center and greeted park staff and the regional director. [Submitted by
      Richard Moore, North District Ranger]
      This is the second time in the
      last couple-three months that LaWa has taken advantage of a western
      national park for a little “getaway with close friends” whose number,
      names, relationships, and particularly gender is somehow never
      mentioned.

In June 2008, First Lady Laura Bush visited Mount
      Desert Island, Maine with a small group of friends for a brief vacation.
      She did not plan any public appearances before she arrived, but she was
      out in the public eye during her visit and met with Acadia National
      Park superintendent Sheridan Steele.

Laura Bush and her daughters, Barbara and Jenna, traveled to Africa in
      2007, where they went on safari. Yet her trip was regarded as an
      “official” visit and
      included several public events.

48. deseartu says:

I can’t even take my son on a camping trip at a state park luckily to have a job to just put food on my table! How can they look at themselves in the mirror and say they are for the little people? How can any black person be proud of them? They get the life of luxury and you get food stamps! Where is the help our neighbor Christian values? I guess it’s called help yourself and they definately aren’t afraid to help themselves to America’s hard earned money!

• disqus_FVsZM9CAka says:

Yes desearfu…you were saying?

From Wiki.

For 15 years, Laura Bush and four female friends have escaped together
      for a week every summer. They arrived at Mammoth Lakes on July 8, 2001
      and a day later came to Tuolumne Meadows Lodge with an entourage of some
      25 people, including Secret Service agents, a White House
      communications team, various aides and several park officials. The group
      took up about 15 of the 70 cabins at the site.

in the Olympic National Forest. “I have a group of friends that I grew
      up with in Midland, Texas, and we hike every summer at a national park,”
      said Mrs. Bush. Yes, she and her friends arrived on Air Force II with
      lots of Secret Service Agents.

July 23, 2006 Denali National Park & Preserve in Alaska

Lady Laura Bush arrived in the park by train on July 23rd for a
      one-week vacation at a private inholder lodge in the Kantishna area.
      Members of the park staff assisted Secret Service and White House
      personnel with communications, security
      and logistics. A small number of rangers from other parks in the region
      were detailed to Denali to maintain normal operations so that a portion
      of the parks law enforcement staff could be assigned full-time to
      augment and assist the Secret Service details. During the week. Mrs.
      Bush and a small group of friends enjoyed daily hiking excursions
      throughout the park. On Friday, July 28th, she and her companions
      traveled to park headquarters to tour the Murie Science and Learning
      Center, a collaborative venture by Denali, seven other national parks,
      and several park partners. She later attended a luncheon hosted at the
      center and greeted park staff and the regional director. [Submitted by
      Richard Moore, North District Ranger]
      This is the second time in the
      last couple-three months that LaWa has taken advantage of a western
      national park for a little “getaway with close friends” whose number,
      names, relationships, and particularly gender is somehow never
      mentioned.

In June 2008, First Lady Laura Bush visited Mount
      Desert Island, Maine with a small group of friends for a brief vacation.
      She did not plan any public appearances before she arrived, but she was
      out in the public eye during her visit and met with Acadia National
      Park superintendent Sheridan Steele.

Laura Bush and her daughters, Barbara and Jenna, traveled to Africa in
      2007, where they went on safari. Yet her trip was regarded as an
      “official” visit and
      included several public events.

49. txwolf says:

What about the 13 year old daughter flying to OaxacaMexico with 12 friends in March. Two aircraft and 25 secret service members. http://www.edmontonjournal.com/travel/Obama+daughter+spends+spring+break+Mexico/6323773/story.html Sounds like royalty.

50. Tater says:

Most previous First Ladies went with their husbands to Camp David, or the Bush’s went to their ranch where the rent was free, and housing for secret service was free. The Reagans went to their ranch where the rent was free, and housing for secret service was free, and none of them took a motorcade of limos. the Obozos think they are royalty like their friends Hugo Chavez, The Castros, and the rest of the two bit tinhorn dictators around the worls that they are trying to emulate!

• Jer says:

Camp David, in close proximity to the White House, is designed and built specially as a presidential retreat and is probably by far the least expensive place for the President and his family to stay.

51. Whit says:

These Are white house free loaders IMHO

• disqus_FVsZM9CAka says:

What does make the Bush’s then?

I’m sure the the Bush crime family didn’t spend one penny of
      government money on any of this while people were losing their homes
      under Bushs watch…Yeah right!..
      From
      Wiki.
      During 2 terms as President, Bush spent all or of part of 477 days at
      Camp David, on retreats and made 77 trips to his Crawford Ranch, in
      Texas, where he spent all or part of 490 days, on his Ranch.
      The
      total number of days of vacation or retreat President Bush took, while
      in office over a period of 8 years was 967 days, or 32% of his total
      time in office, was spent on vacations or retreats.

For 15 years, Laura Bush and four female friends have escaped together
      for a week every summer. They arrived at Mammoth Lakes on July 8, 2001
      and a day later came to Tuolumne Meadows Lodge with an entourage of some
      25 people, including Secret Service agents, a White House
      communications team, various aides and several park officials. The group
      took up about 15 of the 70 cabins at the site.

in the Olympic National Forest. “I have a group of friends that I grew
      up with in Midland, Texas, and we hike every summer at a national park,”
      said Mrs. Bush. Yes, she and her friends arrived on Air Force II with
      lots of Secret Service Agents.

July 23, 2006 Denali National Park & Preserve in Alaska

Lady Laura Bush arrived in the park by train on July 23rd for a
      one-week vacation at a private inholder lodge in the Kantishna area.
      Members of the park staff assisted Secret Service and White House
      personnel with communications, security
      and logistics. A small number of rangers from other parks in the region
      were detailed to Denali to maintain normal operations so that a portion
      of the parks law enforcement staff could be assigned full-time to
      augment and assist the Secret Service details. During the week. Mrs.
      Bush and a small group of friends enjoyed daily hiking excursions
      throughout the park. On Friday, July 28th, she and her companions
      traveled to park headquarters to tour the Murie Science and Learning
      Center, a collaborative venture by Denali, seven other national parks,
      and several park partners. She later attended a luncheon hosted at the
      center and greeted park staff and the regional director. [Submitted by
      Richard Moore, North District Ranger]
      This is the second time in the
      last couple-three months that LaWa has taken advantage of a western
      national park for a little “getaway with close friends” whose number,
      names, relationships, and particularly gender is somehow never
      mentioned.

In June 2008, First Lady Laura Bush visited Mount
      Desert Island, Maine with a small group of friends for a brief vacation.
      She did not plan any public appearances before she arrived, but she was
      out in the public eye during her visit and met with Acadia National
      Park superintendent Sheridan Steele.

Laura Bush and her daughters, Barbara and Jenna, traveled to Africa in
      2007, where they went on safari. Yet her trip was regarded as an
      “official” visit and
      included several public events.

52. AtlantaTerry says:

I was a US Air Force air traffic controller so I know the fight rules. No airplane receives the designation “Air Force Two” unless the Vice President is aboard. That designation is not given to an aircraft if only the First Lady is aboard. Please correct your article.

Terry Thomas
    US Air Force Veteran
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA

• disqus_FVsZM9CAka says:

Thank You Mr Thomas for standing a post and help protecting our beloved America. If you weren’t a General when you served, you should have been!

53. jeffh says:

Funny how our friends at the Daily Mail cover this more than our own papers???

54. Anita M says:

Must be nice to have the United State’s money for your personal bank account.

55. Larry Benson says:

And what about daughter Malia’s spring break vacation in Mexico with 12 companions and 25 secret service people? Even when the State Department has been discouraging any
    US tourist travel to Mexico. How many hundreds of thousands of dollars did that cost the
    American taxpayer? And, Michelle’s farcial campaign about childhood nutrition, while she
    scarfs down kobi beef and lobster to keep her ‘booty’ in shape…

56. Lainie Sloane, CA PoltiChick says:

A great production that tells it like it is.

57. Polly Pocket says:

where is the trip to Africa?

58. bull57 says:

Humm, I never owned any slaves. I don’t owe anyone anything!

59. The media sure play it up on Mrs. Romney’s dress though. And that’s even when she paid for it with their own money and a portion of the price tag went to a environmental group.

60. OKSpeedy says:

She’s got a thing for the teleprompter, just like her husband, Barack “Down Low” Obama.

61. Walter says:

Steal and spend stinking sewer rats.

62. Pat Pettie says:

You forgot to mention her trip to Africa in 2009 with her mother and brother and a bunch of her cronies. She put her 2 daughters as her senior advisors (what a f… ing stupid) cost over million. Another trip which her daughter with her friends to Mexico using Air Force 2. moochelle always had to take both Air Force I for obamafia, and she took Air Force 2 just like she think she is the royal family that afraid accident happened if the whole frocks is in the same plane, well..it nice to have other people money to pay for it. What a low life people when they happened to have a chance to be the imposters and abused their power.

63. Conman says:

Hmmm. So ROmney family will not require secret service and staff expenses when the new 1st family travels?

64. disqus_FVsZM9CAka says:

Yeah…and i’m sure none were official visits. Yeah right!

What a bunch of hypocrites PolitiChicks are…Lets face it PolitiChicks ARE the anti-Americans

From Wiki…I’m sure the the Bush crime family didn’t spend one penny of government money on any of this while people were losing their homes under Bushs watch…Yeah right!..

During 2 terms as President, Bush spent all or of part of 477 days at
    Camp David, on retreats and made 77 trips to his Crawford Ranch, in
    Texas, where he spent all or part of 490 days, on his Ranch.
    The
    total number of days of vacation or retreat President Bush took, while
    in office over a period of 8 years was 967 days, or 32% of his total
    time in office, was spent on vacations or retreats.

For 15 years, Laura Bush and four female friends have escaped together
    for a week every summer. They arrived at Mammoth Lakes on July 8, 2001
    and a day later came to Tuolumne Meadows Lodge with an entourage of some
    25 people, including Secret Service agents, a White House
    communications team, various aides and several park officials. The group
    took up about 15 of the 70 cabins at the site.

in the Olympic National Forest. “I have a group of friends that I grew
    up with in Midland, Texas, and we hike every summer at a national park,”
    said Mrs. Bush. Yes, she and her friends arrived on Air Force II with
    lots of Secret Service Agents.

July 23, 2006 Denali National Park & Preserve in Alaska

Lady Laura Bush arrived in the park by train on July 23rd for a
    one-week vacation at a private inholder lodge in the Kantishna area.
    Members of the park staff assisted Secret Service and White House
    personnel with communications, security
    and logistics. A small number of rangers from other parks in the region
    were detailed to Denali to maintain normal operations so that a portion
    of the parks law enforcement staff could be assigned full-time to
    augment and assist the Secret Service details. During the week. Mrs.
    Bush and a small group of friends enjoyed daily hiking excursions
    throughout the park. On Friday, July 28th, she and her companions
    traveled to park headquarters to tour the Murie Science and Learning
    Center, a collaborative venture by Denali, seven other national parks,
    and several park partners. She later attended a luncheon hosted at the
    center and greeted park staff and the regional director. [Submitted by
    Richard Moore, North District Ranger]
    This is the second time in the
    last couple-three months that LaWa has taken advantage of a western
    national park for a little “getaway with close friends” whose number,
    names, relationships, and particularly gender is somehow never
    mentioned.

In June 2008, First Lady Laura Bush visited Mount
    Desert Island, Maine with a small group of friends for a brief vacation.
    She did not plan any public appearances before she arrived, but she was
    out in the public eye during her visit and met with Acadia National
    Park superintendent Sheridan Steele.

Laura Bush and her daughters, Barbara and Jenna, traveled to Africa in 2007, where they went on safari. Yet her trip was regarded as an “official” visit and
    included several public events.

65. Rose says:

They live like just what they are, welfare negroes .Never paying for anything they can steal, and never appreciating anything .The most people are black that are RACISTS and Bigots !

66. DockyWocky says:

No matter how you look at it, Michelle and the First Brats had a very successful and entertaining 4 years in their non-office.

Has any other imperial family ever had a cost to the American taxpayer that can even come close to what the Obama imperial family has cost the taxpayers?

Boobah Clinton and her offspring might be a close second, but I doubt if even the Clinton’s cost as much as the freeloading Obamas.

67. ShyGuyDale says:

I used to call her Ghetto Mama since they started running for State Senator. I don’t any more since that is an insult to Ghetto Mothers who as a group are a hard working, suffering group of people. Instead she is the word that rhymes with witch with a capital B.

This “woman of the people” as a director of Treehouse Foods helped to shut a plant in Colorado,
    putting 153 mostly minority workers out of work in a town with a population of
    only 1,500. That is over 10% of the town put out of work thanks to Michelle
    Obama. The mayor of the town offered to pay the plane fare for either Barack or
    Michelle to come to the town to see what her actions caused. They BOTH REFUSED
    to come.

Also, she was not Vice President of Public relations or the University of Chicago Medical Center. She was Vice President of COMMUNITY RELATIONS. How did she handle her job? By allowing so many poor BLACK patients to be thrown out of her hospital during her time there that the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) investigated and cited her hospital for PATIENT DUMPING! All of this while DOUBLING the number of assistants assigned to her office.

In fact Michelle Obama CREATED the patient dumping program, called “South Side Health Collaborative,” which featured a gang of “counselors” whose job it was to “advise” low-income patients that they would be better off at other hospitals and clinics. The program was so successful in getting rid of unwanted patients that she expanded it, gave it a new name, and hired none other than David Axelrod to sell the program to the public. According to the Sun-Times, “Obama’s wife and Valerie Jarrett, an Obama friend and adviser who chairs the medical center’s board, backed the Axelrod firm’s hiring.” Axelrod helped the future First Lady formulate a public relations campaign in which the “Urban Health Initiative” was represented as a boon to the community actuated by the purest of altruistic motives.

The resultant PR campaign was a study in Orwellian audacity. Chicago’s inner city residents soon began hearing that UCMC’s patient dumping program would “dramatically improve health care for thousands of South Side residents” and that the medical center was generously willing to provide “a ride on a shuttle bus to other centers.” Likewise, the people who ran the community hospitals to which these unwanted patients were being shuttled began to read claims in local media to the effect that the Urban Health Initiative was good for them as well. Dr. Eric Whitaker, the Blagojevich crony who succeeded Mrs. Obama as Director of the program, repeatedly assured gullible reporters that the financial impact on these hospitals would be positive: “The initiative actually is improving their bottom lines.” The CFOs of those hospitals were no doubt relieved to learn that treating Medicaid and uninsured patients is profitable.

But you just can’t please some people. In one of the few frank passages of the Post article, we discover that many members of UCMC’s medical staff believe the program is nothing more than an “attempt to ensure that the hospital retains only affluent patients with insurance.” And another association of emergency physicians has joined ACEP in denouncing the Urban Health Initiative. The Chicago Tribune reports that Dr. Larry Weiss, president of the American Academy of Emergency Medicine is unhappy about UCMC’s failure to consult its own ER physicians before initiating the program: “Not including emergency-room physicians … would be analogous to changing the way surgery is performed in an operating room without involving any surgeons.” Dr. Whitaker assures us, however, that such critics are merely “opposed to change.”

Presumably, he would be similarly dismissive of Angela Adams, who brought her son to the medical center’s ER after his lip had been partially torn off by a pit bull. As the Tribune puts it, “Instead of rushing Dontae into surgery … the hospital’s staff began pressing her about insurance.” Unfortunately for Dontae, he was covered by Medicaid. So, all he got from the UCMC emergency department was a shot, some antibiotics, and instructions to “follow up with Cook County.” Angela had to take her son across town to John Stroger Hospital, where he was immediately admitted for reconstructive surgery. Like doctors Jouriles and Weiss, Angela is having trouble seeing the community benefit of the Urban Health Initiative.

Meanwhile, the program’s parents, Michelle Obama and David Axelrod, have moved to Washington.

I wonder who Angela and Dontae Adams are voting for in the Presidential race? Do they even realize that it was Michelle who prevented him from having the reconstructive surgery to his lip? While she spends billions of taxpayer dollars on vacations, poor BLACKS in Chicago are getting little or no health care because of the program Michelle designed to deny them proper health care. This woman’s husband designed Obamacare so you can IMAGINE how much it is designed to help those in need of medical care just by looking at his wife’s previous efforts to deny medical care to poor BLACK patients in her own neighborhood. I would call her pond scum, but that would be an insult to pond scum.
    If anyone thinks my dissertation is racist, obviously doesn’t have the intelligence to read at the 1st grade level. Calling these evil people what they are is not racist. It is telling the truth about people who only care about ONE COLOR. That isn’t brown or black… it is GREEN. The GREEN of money, not earned nor deserved by them. The only BLACK they care about is the bottom line in a ledger, no matter how many people die to turn that number from RED to BLACK.

68. JoAnn7119 says:

I read somewhere that all former first ladies had one personal aid, except for one first lady who had two aids, but I can’t remember her name.

The fist-bumper has 24 or 25 personal aids and they all are paid around $100,000 a year, some a little more, some a little less, depending on their status with her.

69. Dan says:

petty crap!! Address the real issues of waste on wars and the evil of it!

70. Sigh says:

If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you’re NOT a “racist”, then you better not re-elect him and prove that you’re an idiot.

71. Lex Lothar says:

I wonder how much Nair it takes to keep that shaved down bigfoots body hair in check?

72. haroldson says:

vote right and tell you friends the same thing and we can send them all packing, you have to pick a leech off to get rid of it.

73. dna says:

What does Michelle do that requires a vacation to “get away from it all”? She’s NOT a member of the government so why do we have to pay?

74. Jer says:

Can you imagine a First Couple who decided that being President was such an honor and privilege that they decided they would make those 4 years a time of personal sacrifice and cut out the golf and expensive vacations? Instead of golf, maybe spending some time shooting with Marines at Cherry Point, NC? Instead of Aspen, spend some time at a small B&B in a struggling small town in flyover country that could really used some attention, getting to know the ordinary people there? I can; I do it all the time. But I can’t imagine the Obamas doing it.

75. Tchiock says:

Politichicks need to tell the world who this chick-babe really is as well. “Obama’s America 2016″ will help as well—Also some of the people who “knew her when” will take some steam out of her. This mess in Washington needs to be cleaned up with the truth.

76. ar3t says:

I want higher taxes because I don’t the 1st family to miss one vacation. They deserve all they can get from the stupid lazy Americans

77. winki says:

And by the way don’t forget that the president thinks she should have a salary for being first lady.